Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Long time no writing...

I haven't been writing because I haven't had the time or the internet.  Camping and working is fun and exhausting.  Jammie and I have had a busy work week as well as my parents stopped in town for a few days on their way to Minnesota.  It seems like a lot longer than a week...either way we decided to get out of town for a day or two, and packed up the camper yesterday for a trip to David Darling's.

All packed up and ready to go.  Our new Add-a-room tent fits perfectly in the over cab storage!

There is a new brewery in Eagle Colorado, Bonfire Brewing, that we stopped at to check out, but as with most new places their hours are pretty limited.  We were there an hour and a half too early for the tap room hours.


Wolfgang likes road trips.  He just sits in the back for the most part, sometimes he like to be on top of someone in the front seat so he can see out better.

Wolfman hanging out with all of our stuff.
As long as I've known David and all the great things I've heard about his house this is my first trip out to visit.  And now I wish I had come out here sooner and more often.  His yard is amazing.  I will take more pictures of his garden today, it is beautiful and makes our little planter look little.


8 chickens.

Oh yea he has a sweet little hop farm too!
Glenwood canyon on the drive in is pretty unreal.  I forgot how much I like the small mountain town feel, and Glenwood is a beautiful town, hopefully some exploration and tubing is in the plans for today.  

I have to work tomorrow at 11am so we will probably head back to Denver tonight so we don't have to leave really early in the morning.  I am going to stick around until the sun goes down so we can help david harvest some of his hops, very exciting.  The camper did pretty good climbing some steep mountain passes, but it did take us a good 3 1/2 hours to get here.  We will probably crash at the humboldt house tonight and try to get in at a new campground tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Glenwood Springs is wonderful too! Wouldnt you love to live David's life? Glad you got a vacation squeezed in. I am a bit confused...did it seem like our visit was longer than a week?!?!? haha! What did Wolf think of the chickens?

    ReplyDelete