Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So much to do.


So I finally let go of my BMX bike.  I listed it for $150 on craigslist, which apparently wasnt enough as I had a dozen people contact me about it.  I ended up selling it to a couple 10-14 year old kids, which made it a lot easier when they came and picked it up this morning.  They were very excited about it and their mom said they saved the money themselves, so it felt good.  It reminded me quite a bit of a 30 year old dude who sold me a surfboard for really cheap when I was their age. 

In other news I really like gardening and the rewards of it.


We have almost a dozen jalapenos growing (pictured above) as well as this sweet huge pumpkin on the vine.


Today is the final brew day here at the Humboldt house.  I opted to make a bunch of beer to try to use up some of the grain and hops that I had sitting around.  The grain should last the move, but the hops are a flower and will really lose their umph if they get hot and stuff during the move.  The objective was to use up as much as possible.  We will see how the beer turns out.


One negative about brewing stuff is my brother, who owns around half of the stuff we have, decided to ask for money for everything he bought.  When we previously talked about it, it seemed like he was going to let me have/use all our equipment for the time being.  It really complicates things and now post move I will have to spend a decent amount of money to be able to make beer again.  Its only frustrating to me because I have been the only one who has used and taken care of any of the equipment for pretty much a year now.  I will let him sit on it and maybe a year from now after he he will be willing to part with it. 

Only 4 more days...til campin time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow those jalapenos are beautiful~ What an awesome garden you have created! See you in one week! Yea for family time~

    ReplyDelete