Thursday, March 1, 2012

spin

First off, I got 'laid-off' from the shipping warehouse.  Apparently with me involved they are too efficient to employ 3 people full time.  The plus side is my availability to work on beer and other things that need doing before I leave.

Jaclyn's boyfriend, Matt, works at Spin Records here in Carlsbad, and he offered some work helping them count their entire inventory for tax purposes.  Sunday night Jammie, Anthony and I went over there and counted CDs for 5 or 6 hours.  Only got paid $8/hr, but it was very easy work, and we got to drink cheap beer and eat cheap pizza while doing it.  The worst part was standing in one place for a couple hours at a time. I got a couple hours Monday night counting as well, but so many people showed up for both days that they were already done after Monday.

Yesterday I bottled the Strawberry Blonde, and while I was at it, bottled up a little of the Dry-hopped brown ale.  I would have bottled more of the brown, but I love that beer and it tastes amazing on tap, I'm always concerned that I'm loosing some of that deliciousness during bottling.  It is also already carbonated and I have previously mentioned how much I hate bottling carbonated beer. 

I am slowly building up a little stash of bottled beer though, which has been a hidden priority for me.  I just really like being able to share some of my better beers with people more than a month or two after brewing it.  I only have 4 kegs, so I can only save it in a keg for so long before I need the space.

Sorry there aren't any pictures, I'll make up for it next time.

Off to the desert for a couple days to lay tile at my parents house.

Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment