Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brew Day


Delicious hoppy goodness full to the brim.  Yesterday I brewed the 'sort of sumpin sumpin' which I managed to squeeze 1/4lb of hops into the boil with another 1/4lb for dry-hopping that is going to go into the secondary fermenter.  A lot of hops doesn't mean a bitter beer.  This one is all about hop flavor, which hopefully comes out as some citrusy candy-like goodness.  I added a few ounces of crushed coriander seed to this one as well as a little personal touch.  We will have to wait and see how well the coriander seed blends with the hop flavors.  I am pretty excited about this beer as I have been on a quest to achieve the wonderful hop flavor that so many commercial beers exhibit these days. 

I feel like the beer making deadline is approaching fast, so I hope to be a diligent brewer in the next few weeks.  I am really limited by the fact that I can only temperature control one 5 gallon batch at a time, and since the basement is 75-80 degrees, temperature control is pretty much a must to make good beer.   I will update soon with beer progress..

No comments:

Post a Comment