Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 off work

I managed to get out of work today and got my brother to go instead...awesome.  I hurt my knee the other day at work and although it is feeling a lot better, I just am not feeling like working just yet.  It is a really easy evening which is mostly babysitting.

We just experienced THE craziest thunder/hail/crazy downpours of my recent memory.  Poor Jammie and Lexi are working day 2 of Kenny Chesney up at Red Rocks, hopefully the weather is better up there.
Where is he supposed to pee if the whole yard is flooded?

Garden update pre-hail storm so hopefully it looks similar now.


A pic of our sweet back yard setup.  Less than $50 invested in it! 

 

Did a little bit of beer stuff today too.  Put the base wheat beer onto blackberries today.  Rande helped.  We managed to keg at least a few beers worth of the base beer so we will see how that tastes carbonated. 




Hoping to make a beer tomorrow if the weather is nicer.  A semi-clone of a Lagunitas Brewing Co. Little Sumpin' Sumpin'.  It is one of my favorite beers, so we will see how it comes out.  The champer has an oil change scheduled at Blazer Automotive on Monday, I hope to have them check it over and make sure everything is good.  I fear I have a small coolant leak somewhere up front, so I might have them pressure test the coolant system to see if I'm crazy or not.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the knee is improving...its amazing how much knee pain affects one's life. I can still remember the random storms that passed thru Pagosa and the rain was torrential. I hope your garden survived the pelting. Nice to see you and Rande helping each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that garden will be producing some groceries for you soon enough. I hope it all made it through the storm.

    The beer sounds good, maybe I'll get to try it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky, I know its now super close but you should go check out the deschutes brewery portland pub or their main brewery in Bend. I get obsessed with a different brewery pretty much every week, and this week is deschutes. Their beer is really good and the portland pub looks like a sweet place.

    Im sure you will get an opportunity to try some beer soon. I might mail some out otherwise..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do really like Deschutes! I'm bummed I won't get to their brewery; hanging in Bend was totally on my to-do list for the summer. Probably another time - it's not like it's all that far away.
    Mom & I just had some Mirror Ponds tonight, which is one of my faves of theirs. Greg & I had a case of Red Chair a while back, which I painfully finished, but I love darker beer and it was even too bitter for me. Not so sure about that one.

    ReplyDelete